For any beauty junkie a flawless base means having a great foundation. There are plenty of great high-end foundations that can give you an air brushed look, however, this post is for a drugstore foundation which is not heavy on your pocket (and even on your face).
Within drugstore category L’Oreal is on of the high-end brand. They tend to create great products which is economical in comparison with luxury brands.
I have been using L’oreal’s Infallible 24h Foundation for over 2 months and I must say I am in love with it. My shade is 320 Toffee Caramel.
L’oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation
I’ll list down the pro’s so that you know why I love this product.
- Right consistency for a liquid foundation. It is not too runny or too thick. It’s just perfect to blend easily.
- Does not clog your pores. Sits on your skin but doesn’t block the pore to result in breakouts. Acne-prone humans, listen up, a foundation that doest break you out is your friend.
- They have wide range of shades, so us brown girls should be happy as we are able to get a shade that matches our skin tone.
- The coverage this foundation provides is amazing, it is also build-able.
- The product is long lasting so you do not have to worry about it fading away. However, you need to make sure you powder your face to keep it intact.
- The foundation photographs beautifully. Even in flash photography. No white cast.
- It is budget friendly. It retails for Rs. 1325 for 30 ml bottle. You can buy it here.
- It has a pump which makes your life easy.
And of-course, the cons :
- It is transferable. You need to powder it after the application. This step helps in to lock in the product. I have wiped the product off while using a tissue paper, have got it spread in my white t-shirt : ugh the horror.
That’s it, no more cons to this foundation in my opinion.
Watch my review & demo on my channel here:
Have you tried this foundation? Which is you current favorite drugstore foundation?
A moisturizer for oily skin is not an easy find. I grew up thinking there is no need for me to apply moisturizer since I have oily skin. However, I was told otherwise and should always use it to keep my skin from over-producing sebum.
While working inside the beauty industry I got to learn a lot from estheticians and make-up artists. One valuable information, that I learnt , which I would like to share with you is that your skin can be dehydrated even if its oily.
An oily skin means : skin produces extra sebum which is why your face tends to look shiny after a while.
A dehydrated skin means : lack of moisture in your skin.
So you can have an oily and dehydrated skin altogether. This is the combination I suffered with for a while yet I was not aware of it. I have been dealing with dehydrated, oily and acne prone skin which in itself is a deadly combination. #Bummer
After realizing the situation, I tried moisturizers tackling my skin condition. The first that I used was Dermalogica’s Active Moist which I loved and would do a post about it later. Once I got back to India, finding Dermalogica products in Delhi became an issue ( unless I ordered it online). This made me go on a search mode to find the right moisturizer.
Then came along FabIndia for rescue. Skin Hydrating Cream : Vitamin E for Oily Skin. This product is amazing at what it claims.
The product claims “ An extremely light, moisture whipped cream loaded with age controlling cellular extracts and Vitamin E. It nourishes the skin and protects it against moisture loss.”
Application & Feel
- Moisturizes without being too heavy, it is extremely light. However, once applied it takes a minute to soak in the skin completely & leaves no trace.
- Acne-prone oily skin dreads any moisturizer that could potentially lead into break-outs. This moisturizer has not made my face to be a guesthouse to zits. In short no breakout sessions.
- It smells great, especially for mornings. It sort of wakes me up.
- Lasts for more than two months. I apply it morning and night.
- Comes in a tub which means you have to scoop out the product. I would have loved it if it was in a pump bottle.
- No spf. In today’s age when we try to have products that do multiple things, this cream would have been a bomb if it provided sun protection. ( Though you would not be able to use it in the night then)
It retails for Rs. 180 for 50 ml and is available in all FabIndia store.
Would I recommend this product to any oily skin twin? YES, I would. Grab this tub and you would love it.