Removal of makeup is one of the most important step for making sure your makeup looks amazing. If you do not remove all that product from your face every evening/ night you probably (read always) will end up messing up your skin. I have personally suffered plenty of times by not taking this simple step. Well, now that I have learnt my lesson I’d like to introduce you to my makeup removing buddy Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm.
There are two ways I use this for removing my make up:
1. I scoop out a pea size amount of balm and rub onto my palm to warm the product. I then apply it all over my face gently and my makeup starts to melt.
2. I wet a cotton round and swipe it over the product directly into the tub. I then apply the product infused cotton round all over my face to breakdown all the makeup. *This method was introduced to me by the Sephora sales girl and I quite like this method*
After any of these method I wash my face with any gentle cleanser and water.
- Huge tub to last long
- Melts my makeup easily, waterproof makeup as well.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin.
- Didn’t break me out which is a huge plus
- Can be considered unhygienic because of the tub shape. I personally don’t find this as an issue since I don’t have to share it with anyone.
- Expensive. But the tub is huge.
The product retails for Rs. 2750/- for 125ml at Sephora.
If you’d like to see how I use this cleansing balm then check out my YouTube video:
Have you tried this product before? what are your thoughts?
I’m getting the hang of “smokey eyes” lately. Somehow, I have always thought it was very difficult to create but one has to make an effort to learn something. After a lot of attempts I created a blue smokey eye look and made a video of it which I wanted to share with you.
I used Makeup Revolutions palette for this look. Even though I used a shimmery blue shade in this video I somehow feel it looks more like purple-ish or lilac due to my lighting. If you feel the same do comment below. I plan to create another look using a purple shimmery color in the same palette. Somehow this video is a bit blurry which i realized during the editing process, so please excuse me for that. Hope you will love this simple smokey eye look :).
Mac: Untitled Paint
Makeup Revolutions Salvation Pallete : Welcome To The Pleasure Dome
Makeup Revolutions : Long Way From Home
Makeup Revolutions : Using My Power
Makeup Revolutions : Never Doing What I Am Told
Makeup Revolutions : Pleasure Dome
Sephora : Contour Eye Pencil 24 Hr Wear
Inglot : #77 gel liner
Lancome : Hypnose Drama
Estee Lauder : Double Wear Concealor 04 New Medium Deep
Max Factor : 04 Pink Princess
Maybelline 110 Mirrored Mauve
Pinterest is the answer to all my problems these days and I’m sure it is just not me who thinks this way. Let’s just take a moment to thank the internet universe for Pinterest. No matter what I am searching for I always end up on this site, eventually spending hours.
Currently, I’m obsessing about walk-in closets and thought of sharing my dream list here in pictures straight out of pinterest. I have a board now dedicated for it so I can be inspired when I’ll be getting mine done in the near future.
There are few pointers that I will be considering, such as
- I want a spacious walk in closet which should be inviting enough to lift my mood after a hectic day.
- The lighting should close to natural day light.
- Ofcourse a huge mirror.
- A good couch to be placed in the middle to sit on and ponder over what to wear when there is nothing to wear..get it 😉
- Dedicated sections for everything : clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup.
- Small area for The Man 😀
- A place to keep my “next-morning” outfit ready.
Below are few images that I absolutely adore and wanted to share with you:
Credits: Pinterest via https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118923246388770118/
Credits: Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118923246388770117/
Credits : Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118923246388770137/
Credits : Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118923246388770158/
I plan to keep on adding more to my pinterest board regularly so if you want to see it please come join me here
With all the wedding madness going around (read my brother getting married) I recorded a Sangeet Look and thought of sharing the “get ready with me” video here.
Hope you enjoy this video & please do support by subscribing to my channel 🙂
For any beauty junkie a flawless base means having a great foundation. There are plenty of great high-end foundations that can give you an air brushed look, however, this post is for a drugstore foundation which is not heavy on your pocket (and even on your face).
Within drugstore category L’Oreal is on of the high-end brand. They tend to create great products which is economical in comparison with luxury brands.
I have been using L’oreal’s Infallible 24h Foundation for over 2 months and I must say I am in love with it. My shade is 320 Toffee Caramel.
I’ll list down the pro’s so that you know why I love this product.
- Right consistency for a liquid foundation. It is not too runny or too thick. It’s just perfect to blend easily.
- Does not clog your pores. Sits on your skin but doesn’t block the pore to result in breakouts. Acne-prone humans, listen up, a foundation that doest break you out is your friend.
- They have wide range of shades, so us brown girls should be happy as we are able to get a shade that matches our skin tone.
- The coverage this foundation provides is amazing, it is also build-able.
- The product is long lasting so you do not have to worry about it fading away. However, you need to make sure you powder your face to keep it intact.
- The foundation photographs beautifully. Even in flash photography. No white cast.
- It is budget friendly. It retails for Rs. 1325 for 30 ml bottle. You can buy it here.
- It has a pump which makes your life easy.
And of-course, the cons :
- It is transferable. You need to powder it after the application. This step helps in to lock in the product. I have wiped the product off while using a tissue paper, have got it spread in my white t-shirt : ugh the horror.
That’s it, no more cons to this foundation in my opinion.
Watch my review & demo on my channel here:
Have you tried this foundation? Which is you current favorite drugstore foundation?
A moisturizer for oily skin is not an easy find. I grew up thinking there is no need for me to apply moisturizer since I have oily skin. However, I was told otherwise and should always use it to keep my skin from over-producing sebum.
While working inside the beauty industry I got to learn a lot from estheticians and make-up artists. One valuable information, that I learnt , which I would like to share with you is that your skin can be dehydrated even if its oily.
An oily skin means : skin produces extra sebum which is why your face tends to look shiny after a while.
A dehydrated skin means : lack of moisture in your skin.
So you can have an oily and dehydrated skin altogether. This is the combination I suffered with for a while yet I was not aware of it. I have been dealing with dehydrated, oily and acne prone skin which in itself is a deadly combination. #Bummer
After realizing the situation, I tried moisturizers tackling my skin condition. The first that I used was Dermalogica’s Active Moist which I loved and would do a post about it later. Once I got back to India, finding Dermalogica products in Delhi became an issue ( unless I ordered it online). This made me go on a search mode to find the right moisturizer.
Then came along FabIndia for rescue. Skin Hydrating Cream : Vitamin E for Oily Skin. This product is amazing at what it claims.
The product claims “ An extremely light, moisture whipped cream loaded with age controlling cellular extracts and Vitamin E. It nourishes the skin and protects it against moisture loss.”
- Moisturizes without being too heavy, it is extremely light. However, once applied it takes a minute to soak in the skin completely & leaves no trace.
- Acne-prone oily skin dreads any moisturizer that could potentially lead into break-outs. This moisturizer has not made my face to be a guesthouse to zits. In short no breakout sessions.
- It smells great, especially for mornings. It sort of wakes me up.
- Lasts for more than two months. I apply it morning and night.
- Comes in a tub which means you have to scoop out the product. I would have loved it if it was in a pump bottle.
- No spf. In today’s age when we try to have products that do multiple things, this cream would have been a bomb if it provided sun protection. ( Though you would not be able to use it in the night then)
It retails for Rs. 180 for 50 ml and is available in all FabIndia store.
Would I recommend this product to any oily skin twin? YES, I would. Grab this tub and you would love it.
A girl who has been suffering with acne for a while must have tried a lot of potions and creams, treatments and remedies, chemicals and natural stuff. You name it and it all will be under the list of “tried stuff”.
That girl in question here is me.
There are few great products and few great home remedies that have helped me tame my acne prone skin. Lately, I have tried a new skin regimen which I feel is helping my skin a lot without taking any oral medication. One of the major help that my skin is getting from is the ICE CUBE REMEDY.
Yes, I have been using this technique for a while and I have noticed a change after every use, especially, the morning after.
The technique is quite simple, all I do is wash my face clean, grab one ice cube and then rub it all over my face in circular motion. I hold the ice cube for couple of more seconds where ever I can feel a new breakout is “about to happen” or even on areas where there is already a guest sitting.
Any one out there who is suffering from acne, I would highly recommend him/her to try this method and see the results. I have researched a bit over the internet and have found that there are no side effects, however, some did mention that they noticed white heads over their effected area which eventually subsides.
This method is pocket friendly and has great results for absolutely anyone. Acne prone skin or not try this since Ice also helps to tighten your pores and give you firm looking skin.
- pocket friendly
- soothes the skin
- reduces inflammation
- tightens your pores aka firm skin
- glowing skin
- helps to combat acne
- Helpful for hormonal acne sufferers (like me)
- Redness right after use (for best results try it before bed time)
- Whiteheads for some people ( a form of detox they say)
Have you tried Ice cube method before? What has your experience been?
Myntra has gone “the APP” way and why should you care about that?
You should if you are someone who has FOMO ( fear of missing out) syndrome, be part of the future now. Well, in all seriousness it should matter to you if you are into –
- Online shopping – Do you want to shop in this heat? I bet you don’t. Even though most of our shopping is done at a mall which is equipped with air conditioning I still squirm a little every time I think of getting out during the day. The thought of heat and traffic kills all the pleasure of retail therapy for me. I love this app because it helps me to beat the Delhi heat and traffic while I shop in the comfort of my Pj’s at home.
- Reading articles and getting informed – I get my dose of update from social media and article forums. Myntra app is well endowed with engaging articles. This surely helps me kill my boredom when I travel alone or when I am in mood for some interesting read. For example after reading the below article on Mytra app I was shocked to know that women sported fuller brows using mouse skin. YIKES.
- Window shopping – who doesn’t love window shopping. I surely do. There are days when a window retail therapy helps just as much as the actual thing. This also helps me to plan out my next purchases. When you have exceeded your shopping limit updating the wish list for the next month keeps you busy :). Myntra app is the source of my “planning” aka updating my wish list.
- Personal Shopper . This has to be one of my favorite part of this app. It’s like having a personal stylist who helps you in putting a look together. There are so many items of clothing that one is bound to get lost. So while you are looking for a dress for a formal event the app shows you different items that will go well with the outfit.
- Flash sales. Never miss out on any sale. This app will send you notifications of on going & upcoming sale and you can immediately grab things you’d like. Any time a 70% OFF notification pops up it surely interests me and I believe I am not the only one 😉
All these reasons should make you get the Myntra APP now. The future of shopping is already here and #itsPersonal 🙂
Summer calls for a powder foundation routine. There are days when I just don’t feel like applying a creamy foundation and like to have something light weight. Those days I grab my Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder to help my skin look better than it actually is.
The product comes in a compact tub which has a “shaver” that scrapes out the product once you twist it. A pretty cool way to get my freshly milled power out. I really love this product because it does not break me out, helps to cover my blemishes and also helps in keeping me oil free for few hours.
Having an acne prone skin and oily skin sucks but you got to deal with what you have right?
I have uploaded my demo video on my youtube channel so you can see how I apply this foundation.
Have you tried this foundation? Which is your favorite powder foundation?
Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel.