Yet another foundation finds a spot in my collection and this time it is the Clinque’s Anti-blemish solutions.
While strolling at Sephora’s Clinique counter I was approached by their sales assistant , which I usually dislike since I don’t like someone after me to buy just because they have to reach their target. However, this time the girl was unusually pleasant as she waited for me to ask her rather than her blabber. So I asked her if she could recommend a foundation for oily-acne prone skin to which she responded by taking me to the anti-blemish solution collection. After trying out different shades, I picked up Fresh Deep Neutral #17.
So after using this foundation for some time I have come down to these observations:
- Packaging is nothing fancy for an expensive foundation. It is sturdy since is a plastic bottle so you don’t need to worry if it falls.
- Has a nozzle which makes it hygienic and easy to use.
- It is easily blend-able and gives medium coverage which is build-able.
- The shade matches my skin tone, however, I do feel the moment I apply it I look a bit orange-ish which eventually oxidizes and I don’t look oompa-lumpa anymore.
- It helps to control my oil, but surely not a magic potion which stops it.
- Doesn’t feel heavy rather feels light & natural.
- Since it has salicylic acid it does help in diminishing existing blemishes as well as stop new from forming.
- I do need to set the foundation with a powder to lock it in else it would melt in the Delhi heat.
- Treats Blemishes since has salicylic acid
- Oil free foundation.
- Light weight
- Expensive for a 30 ml bottle.
- No spf
It retails for Rs Rs 2450/- for 30 ml bottle.
So all in all I do like the product, mainly because it helps to fight blemishes. To check out a demo do watch my youtube channel.
Have you used this foundation? What are your thoughts?
Also, I’m hosting my first every giveaway on my youtube channel, please do check it out 🙂
For any beauty junkie a flawless base means having a great foundation. There are plenty of great high-end foundations that can give you an air brushed look, however, this post is for a drugstore foundation which is not heavy on your pocket (and even on your face).
Within drugstore category L’Oreal is on of the high-end brand. They tend to create great products which is economical in comparison with luxury brands.
I have been using L’oreal’s Infallible 24h Foundation for over 2 months and I must say I am in love with it. My shade is 320 Toffee Caramel.
L’oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation
I’ll list down the pro’s so that you know why I love this product.
- Right consistency for a liquid foundation. It is not too runny or too thick. It’s just perfect to blend easily.
- Does not clog your pores. Sits on your skin but doesn’t block the pore to result in breakouts. Acne-prone humans, listen up, a foundation that doest break you out is your friend.
- They have wide range of shades, so us brown girls should be happy as we are able to get a shade that matches our skin tone.
- The coverage this foundation provides is amazing, it is also build-able.
- The product is long lasting so you do not have to worry about it fading away. However, you need to make sure you powder your face to keep it intact.
- The foundation photographs beautifully. Even in flash photography. No white cast.
- It is budget friendly. It retails for Rs. 1325 for 30 ml bottle. You can buy it here.
- It has a pump which makes your life easy.
And of-course, the cons :
- It is transferable. You need to powder it after the application. This step helps in to lock in the product. I have wiped the product off while using a tissue paper, have got it spread in my white t-shirt : ugh the horror.
That’s it, no more cons to this foundation in my opinion.
Watch my review & demo on my channel here:
Have you tried this foundation? Which is you current favorite drugstore foundation?
A girl who has been suffering with acne for a while must have tried a lot of potions and creams, treatments and remedies, chemicals and natural stuff. You name it and it all will be under the list of “tried stuff”.
That girl in question here is me.
There are few great products and few great home remedies that have helped me tame my acne prone skin. Lately, I have tried a new skin regimen which I feel is helping my skin a lot without taking any oral medication. One of the major help that my skin is getting from is the ICE CUBE REMEDY.
Yes, I have been using this technique for a while and I have noticed a change after every use, especially, the morning after.
The technique is quite simple, all I do is wash my face clean, grab one ice cube and then rub it all over my face in circular motion. I hold the ice cube for couple of more seconds where ever I can feel a new breakout is “about to happen” or even on areas where there is already a guest sitting.
Any one out there who is suffering from acne, I would highly recommend him/her to try this method and see the results. I have researched a bit over the internet and have found that there are no side effects, however, some did mention that they noticed white heads over their effected area which eventually subsides.
This method is pocket friendly and has great results for absolutely anyone. Acne prone skin or not try this since Ice also helps to tighten your pores and give you firm looking skin.
- pocket friendly
- soothes the skin
- reduces inflammation
- tightens your pores aka firm skin
- glowing skin
- helps to combat acne
- Helpful for hormonal acne sufferers (like me)
- Redness right after use (for best results try it before bed time)
- Whiteheads for some people ( a form of detox they say)
Have you tried Ice cube method before? What has your experience been?
Summer calls for a powder foundation routine. There are days when I just don’t feel like applying a creamy foundation and like to have something light weight. Those days I grab my Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder to help my skin look better than it actually is.
The product comes in a compact tub which has a “shaver” that scrapes out the product once you twist it. A pretty cool way to get my freshly milled power out. I really love this product because it does not break me out, helps to cover my blemishes and also helps in keeping me oil free for few hours.
Having an acne prone skin and oily skin sucks but you got to deal with what you have right?
I have uploaded my demo video on my youtube channel so you can see how I apply this foundation.
Have you tried this foundation? Which is your favorite powder foundation?
Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel.
Since my skin fell in love with acne few years ago I had to figure out ways to make it look presentable/flawless somehow. And oh did I mention my eyes have rented the area below them to “dark circles”? To combat such a love story I had to turn to consistent skincare regime and makeup tips & tricks.
Few months back I did a lot of research for covering my blemishes / dark spots / hyper pigmentation / dark circles. After which I realized to cover any darkness an orange corrector is helpful especially if you have brown/dark/olive skin tone. Infact, my bridal makeup artist introduced me to Mac’s Pure Orange Studio Finish Skin Corrector. She applied it on me and I can say it was love at first APPLY.
Pure Orange corrector
The foundation that I have been obsessed with is Make Up Forever HD Foundation (Shade #170)
MakeUp forever HD foundation
The brush that I use for this technique is realTechniques Essential Foundation Brush.
real techniques essential foundation brush
Please head out to my YouTube channel to see the application and do Let me know your thoughts.
Have you tried any corrector? What has been your experience ?