Yet another foundation finds a spot in my collection and this time it is the Clinque’s Anti-blemish solutions.
While strolling at Sephora’s Clinique counter I was approached by their sales assistant , which I usually dislike since I don’t like someone after me to buy just because they have to reach their target. However, this time the girl was unusually pleasant as she waited for me to ask her rather than her blabber. So I asked her if she could recommend a foundation for oily-acne prone skin to which she responded by taking me to the anti-blemish solution collection. After trying out different shades, I picked up Fresh Deep Neutral #17.
So after using this foundation for some time I have come down to these observations:
- Packaging is nothing fancy for an expensive foundation. It is sturdy since is a plastic bottle so you don’t need to worry if it falls.
- Has a nozzle which makes it hygienic and easy to use.
- It is easily blend-able and gives medium coverage which is build-able.
- The shade matches my skin tone, however, I do feel the moment I apply it I look a bit orange-ish which eventually oxidizes and I don’t look oompa-lumpa anymore.
- It helps to control my oil, but surely not a magic potion which stops it.
- Doesn’t feel heavy rather feels light & natural.
- Since it has salicylic acid it does help in diminishing existing blemishes as well as stop new from forming.
- I do need to set the foundation with a powder to lock it in else it would melt in the Delhi heat.
- Treats Blemishes since has salicylic acid
- Oil free foundation.
- Light weight
- Expensive for a 30 ml bottle.
- No spf
It retails for Rs Rs 2450/- for 30 ml bottle.
So all in all I do like the product, mainly because it helps to fight blemishes. To check out a demo do watch my youtube channel.
Have you used this foundation? What are your thoughts?
Also, I’m hosting my first every giveaway on my youtube channel, please do check it out 🙂
Masks for an acne prone- oily skin means business. For me masks are also stress buster since taking out time from a busy schedule to focus on myself is bliss.
For past 5 years I have suffered from adult-acne which has made me try out numerous amazing and not-so-amazing face masks. Some has helped me tame my skin while some have not done anything or have made my breakouts worse. When you go on a hunt to find out best acne masks you would get tons of options.
Here I’m sharing a mask which is not only overtly hyped but also has truly helped my skin look and feel better.
Aztec Indian healing clay with 100% bentonite clay. I have been using this mask for over 5 months with apple cider vinegar. The mask works best with ACV as the label over the mask says and so have a lot of Youtuber and blogger recommended.
Helps to keep breakouts under control
Huge quantity in one tub which will make it last a long time
Helps to deep cleanse my skin
Leaves my skin smoother after rinsing it off
Can be tedious to rinse off.
I bought this from Amazon.in, you can get it here : http://goo.gl/B2cciE
You can watch my review & demo of this mask on my youtube channel here:
Have you tired this mask before? What are your thoughts?
Removal of makeup is one of the most important step for making sure your makeup looks amazing. If you do not remove all that product from your face every evening/ night you probably (read always) will end up messing up your skin. I have personally suffered plenty of times by not taking this simple step. Well, now that I have learnt my lesson I’d like to introduce you to my makeup removing buddy Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm.
Clinique Take The Day Off
Solid cleansing balm
There are two ways I use this for removing my make up:
1. I scoop out a pea size amount of balm and rub onto my palm to warm the product. I then apply it all over my face gently and my makeup starts to melt.
2. I wet a cotton round and swipe it over the product directly into the tub. I then apply the product infused cotton round all over my face to breakdown all the makeup. *This method was introduced to me by the Sephora sales girl and I quite like this method*
After any of these method I wash my face with any gentle cleanser and water.
- Huge tub to last long
- Melts my makeup easily, waterproof makeup as well.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin.
- Didn’t break me out which is a huge plus
- Can be considered unhygienic because of the tub shape. I personally don’t find this as an issue since I don’t have to share it with anyone.
- Expensive. But the tub is huge.
The product retails for Rs. 2750/- for 125ml at Sephora.
If you’d like to see how I use this cleansing balm then check out my YouTube video:
Have you tried this product before? what are your thoughts?
For any beauty junkie a flawless base means having a great foundation. There are plenty of great high-end foundations that can give you an air brushed look, however, this post is for a drugstore foundation which is not heavy on your pocket (and even on your face).
Within drugstore category L’Oreal is on of the high-end brand. They tend to create great products which is economical in comparison with luxury brands.
I have been using L’oreal’s Infallible 24h Foundation for over 2 months and I must say I am in love with it. My shade is 320 Toffee Caramel.
L’oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation
I’ll list down the pro’s so that you know why I love this product.
- Right consistency for a liquid foundation. It is not too runny or too thick. It’s just perfect to blend easily.
- Does not clog your pores. Sits on your skin but doesn’t block the pore to result in breakouts. Acne-prone humans, listen up, a foundation that doest break you out is your friend.
- They have wide range of shades, so us brown girls should be happy as we are able to get a shade that matches our skin tone.
- The coverage this foundation provides is amazing, it is also build-able.
- The product is long lasting so you do not have to worry about it fading away. However, you need to make sure you powder your face to keep it intact.
- The foundation photographs beautifully. Even in flash photography. No white cast.
- It is budget friendly. It retails for Rs. 1325 for 30 ml bottle. You can buy it here.
- It has a pump which makes your life easy.
And of-course, the cons :
- It is transferable. You need to powder it after the application. This step helps in to lock in the product. I have wiped the product off while using a tissue paper, have got it spread in my white t-shirt : ugh the horror.
That’s it, no more cons to this foundation in my opinion.
Watch my review & demo on my channel here:
Have you tried this foundation? Which is you current favorite drugstore foundation?
A moisturizer for oily skin is not an easy find. I grew up thinking there is no need for me to apply moisturizer since I have oily skin. However, I was told otherwise and should always use it to keep my skin from over-producing sebum.
While working inside the beauty industry I got to learn a lot from estheticians and make-up artists. One valuable information, that I learnt , which I would like to share with you is that your skin can be dehydrated even if its oily.
An oily skin means : skin produces extra sebum which is why your face tends to look shiny after a while.
A dehydrated skin means : lack of moisture in your skin.
So you can have an oily and dehydrated skin altogether. This is the combination I suffered with for a while yet I was not aware of it. I have been dealing with dehydrated, oily and acne prone skin which in itself is a deadly combination. #Bummer
After realizing the situation, I tried moisturizers tackling my skin condition. The first that I used was Dermalogica’s Active Moist which I loved and would do a post about it later. Once I got back to India, finding Dermalogica products in Delhi became an issue ( unless I ordered it online). This made me go on a search mode to find the right moisturizer.
Then came along FabIndia for rescue. Skin Hydrating Cream : Vitamin E for Oily Skin. This product is amazing at what it claims.
The product claims “ An extremely light, moisture whipped cream loaded with age controlling cellular extracts and Vitamin E. It nourishes the skin and protects it against moisture loss.”
Application & Feel
- Moisturizes without being too heavy, it is extremely light. However, once applied it takes a minute to soak in the skin completely & leaves no trace.
- Acne-prone oily skin dreads any moisturizer that could potentially lead into break-outs. This moisturizer has not made my face to be a guesthouse to zits. In short no breakout sessions.
- It smells great, especially for mornings. It sort of wakes me up.
- Lasts for more than two months. I apply it morning and night.
- Comes in a tub which means you have to scoop out the product. I would have loved it if it was in a pump bottle.
- No spf. In today’s age when we try to have products that do multiple things, this cream would have been a bomb if it provided sun protection. ( Though you would not be able to use it in the night then)
It retails for Rs. 180 for 50 ml and is available in all FabIndia store.
Would I recommend this product to any oily skin twin? YES, I would. Grab this tub and you would love it.
A girl who has been suffering with acne for a while must have tried a lot of potions and creams, treatments and remedies, chemicals and natural stuff. You name it and it all will be under the list of “tried stuff”.
That girl in question here is me.
There are few great products and few great home remedies that have helped me tame my acne prone skin. Lately, I have tried a new skin regimen which I feel is helping my skin a lot without taking any oral medication. One of the major help that my skin is getting from is the ICE CUBE REMEDY.
Yes, I have been using this technique for a while and I have noticed a change after every use, especially, the morning after.
The technique is quite simple, all I do is wash my face clean, grab one ice cube and then rub it all over my face in circular motion. I hold the ice cube for couple of more seconds where ever I can feel a new breakout is “about to happen” or even on areas where there is already a guest sitting.
Any one out there who is suffering from acne, I would highly recommend him/her to try this method and see the results. I have researched a bit over the internet and have found that there are no side effects, however, some did mention that they noticed white heads over their effected area which eventually subsides.
This method is pocket friendly and has great results for absolutely anyone. Acne prone skin or not try this since Ice also helps to tighten your pores and give you firm looking skin.
- pocket friendly
- soothes the skin
- reduces inflammation
- tightens your pores aka firm skin
- glowing skin
- helps to combat acne
- Helpful for hormonal acne sufferers (like me)
- Redness right after use (for best results try it before bed time)
- Whiteheads for some people ( a form of detox they say)
Have you tried Ice cube method before? What has your experience been?
Summer calls for a powder foundation routine. There are days when I just don’t feel like applying a creamy foundation and like to have something light weight. Those days I grab my Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder to help my skin look better than it actually is.
The product comes in a compact tub which has a “shaver” that scrapes out the product once you twist it. A pretty cool way to get my freshly milled power out. I really love this product because it does not break me out, helps to cover my blemishes and also helps in keeping me oil free for few hours.
Having an acne prone skin and oily skin sucks but you got to deal with what you have right?
I have uploaded my demo video on my youtube channel so you can see how I apply this foundation.
Have you tried this foundation? Which is your favorite powder foundation?
Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel.
Since my skin fell in love with acne few years ago I had to figure out ways to make it look presentable/flawless somehow. And oh did I mention my eyes have rented the area below them to “dark circles”? To combat such a love story I had to turn to consistent skincare regime and makeup tips & tricks.
Few months back I did a lot of research for covering my blemishes / dark spots / hyper pigmentation / dark circles. After which I realized to cover any darkness an orange corrector is helpful especially if you have brown/dark/olive skin tone. Infact, my bridal makeup artist introduced me to Mac’s Pure Orange Studio Finish Skin Corrector. She applied it on me and I can say it was love at first APPLY.
Pure Orange corrector
The foundation that I have been obsessed with is Make Up Forever HD Foundation (Shade #170)
MakeUp forever HD foundation
The brush that I use for this technique is realTechniques Essential Foundation Brush.
real techniques essential foundation brush
Please head out to my YouTube channel to see the application and do Let me know your thoughts.
Have you tried any corrector? What has been your experience ?
Lancôme Ciy Miracle CC cream
From the time I moved to Delhi from Dubai I have encountered a lot of changes. One was not being able to find my regular daily use tinted moisturizer since that brand is not easily available in Delhi. After a lot of search / research & impulsive decision I bought Lancôme City Miracle CC cream.
It is the 1st CC Cream by Lancôme. The brand claims to have tested the product in some of the world’s polluted cities. City Miracle corrects the appearance of imperfections and beautifies complexion.
I have been using the product for over 2 months and I can say I really like the product. It surely has its pros & cons.
The product claims its Benefits:
Perfects like a foundation. Beautifies like an illuminator. Hydrates like a moisturiser. With SPF 50 to help protect the skin.
What I found out from my experience:
- Did not break me out. A HUGE plus point for me.
- It gives low-medium coverage and blurs the imperfection.
- You need just a little bit of product for your entire face.
- It definitely beautifies like an illuminator. Hence becomes a great product for winters. Say hello the lovely “Glow”
- Hydrates well and you would not feel your skin wanting for more for the whole day. ( I have Oily skin type for Dry skin type the answer might be bit different)
- SPF 50 is one of its best quality without any white cast.
- The product blends into your skin beautifully.
- It smells nice but the fragrance is not too heavy (for those who like their products fragrance free)
- The packaging is chic.
- It does not provide enough coverage. One would need concealor.
- It is pricey for a 30 ml tube.
- You would need to powder during the day as the “Glow” gets a bit too much after few hours.
- It has only 3 shades.
- Over all I do love the product and if anyone is looking for a high-end CC cream I would suggest you to try it.
I bought it for Rs 3200 from Sephora.
Also I made a youtube video reviewing the product in details + application of the product. You can check the video here –
Have you tried this CC cream? Which is your favorite cc cream so far?
Say Hello to“The Green Face Monster”
Time and again I head straight for this look aka apply one of my essential face mask of all time that helps me deal with my amazingly cooperative (sarcasm) skin.
I have been suffering from hormonal acne for past 4 years which has resulted in me hunting for a lot of commercial or natural products. These interesting 4 years taught me a thing or two about skincare (visits to dermatologist + internet search + internal voice have added to this skincare knowledge reservoir)
The Body Shop : Tea Tree Face Mask is one of the first products that I tried when hormonal acne hit my once clear skin. The term clear skin now haunts me everyday & night. Any one who has suffered from acne will understand the pain of not having clear skin 😦 It surely brings one’s confidence way below bar.
But guess what – You gats to deal with what you gats to deal!! (there goes my inner preacher preaching)
Tea Tree Face Mask – Packaging