For any beauty junkie a flawless base means having a great foundation. There are plenty of great high-end foundations that can give you an air brushed look, however, this post is for a drugstore foundation which is not heavy on your pocket (and even on your face).
Within drugstore category L’Oreal is on of the high-end brand. They tend to create great products which is economical in comparison with luxury brands.
I have been using L’oreal’s Infallible 24h Foundation for over 2 months and I must say I am in love with it. My shade is 320 Toffee Caramel.
L’oreal Paris Infallible 24h Foundation
I’ll list down the pro’s so that you know why I love this product.
- Right consistency for a liquid foundation. It is not too runny or too thick. It’s just perfect to blend easily.
- Does not clog your pores. Sits on your skin but doesn’t block the pore to result in breakouts. Acne-prone humans, listen up, a foundation that doest break you out is your friend.
- They have wide range of shades, so us brown girls should be happy as we are able to get a shade that matches our skin tone.
- The coverage this foundation provides is amazing, it is also build-able.
- The product is long lasting so you do not have to worry about it fading away. However, you need to make sure you powder your face to keep it intact.
- The foundation photographs beautifully. Even in flash photography. No white cast.
- It is budget friendly. It retails for Rs. 1325 for 30 ml bottle. You can buy it here.
- It has a pump which makes your life easy.
And of-course, the cons :
- It is transferable. You need to powder it after the application. This step helps in to lock in the product. I have wiped the product off while using a tissue paper, have got it spread in my white t-shirt : ugh the horror.
That’s it, no more cons to this foundation in my opinion.
Watch my review & demo on my channel here:
Have you tried this foundation? Which is you current favorite drugstore foundation?
Summer calls for a powder foundation routine. There are days when I just don’t feel like applying a creamy foundation and like to have something light weight. Those days I grab my Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder to help my skin look better than it actually is.
The product comes in a compact tub which has a “shaver” that scrapes out the product once you twist it. A pretty cool way to get my freshly milled power out. I really love this product because it does not break me out, helps to cover my blemishes and also helps in keeping me oil free for few hours.
Having an acne prone skin and oily skin sucks but you got to deal with what you have right?
I have uploaded my demo video on my youtube channel so you can see how I apply this foundation.
Have you tried this foundation? Which is your favorite powder foundation?
Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel.
Since my skin fell in love with acne few years ago I had to figure out ways to make it look presentable/flawless somehow. And oh did I mention my eyes have rented the area below them to “dark circles”? To combat such a love story I had to turn to consistent skincare regime and makeup tips & tricks.
Few months back I did a lot of research for covering my blemishes / dark spots / hyper pigmentation / dark circles. After which I realized to cover any darkness an orange corrector is helpful especially if you have brown/dark/olive skin tone. Infact, my bridal makeup artist introduced me to Mac’s Pure Orange Studio Finish Skin Corrector. She applied it on me and I can say it was love at first APPLY.
Pure Orange corrector
The foundation that I have been obsessed with is Make Up Forever HD Foundation (Shade #170)
MakeUp forever HD foundation
The brush that I use for this technique is realTechniques Essential Foundation Brush.
real techniques essential foundation brush
Please head out to my YouTube channel to see the application and do Let me know your thoughts.
Have you tried any corrector? What has been your experience ?