Yet another foundation finds a spot in my collection and this time it is the Clinque’s Anti-blemish solutions.
While strolling at Sephora’s Clinique counter I was approached by their sales assistant , which I usually dislike since I don’t like someone after me to buy just because they have to reach their target. However, this time the girl was unusually pleasant as she waited for me to ask her rather than her blabber. So I asked her if she could recommend a foundation for oily-acne prone skin to which she responded by taking me to the anti-blemish solution collection. After trying out different shades, I picked up Fresh Deep Neutral #17.
So after using this foundation for some time I have come down to these observations:
- Packaging is nothing fancy for an expensive foundation. It is sturdy since is a plastic bottle so you don’t need to worry if it falls.
- Has a nozzle which makes it hygienic and easy to use.
- It is easily blend-able and gives medium coverage which is build-able.
- The shade matches my skin tone, however, I do feel the moment I apply it I look a bit orange-ish which eventually oxidizes and I don’t look oompa-lumpa anymore.
- It helps to control my oil, but surely not a magic potion which stops it.
- Doesn’t feel heavy rather feels light & natural.
- Since it has salicylic acid it does help in diminishing existing blemishes as well as stop new from forming.
- I do need to set the foundation with a powder to lock it in else it would melt in the Delhi heat.
- Treats Blemishes since has salicylic acid
- Oil free foundation.
- Light weight
- Expensive for a 30 ml bottle.
- No spf
It retails for Rs Rs 2450/- for 30 ml bottle.
So all in all I do like the product, mainly because it helps to fight blemishes. To check out a demo do watch my youtube channel.
Have you used this foundation? What are your thoughts?
Also, I’m hosting my first every giveaway on my youtube channel, please do check it out 🙂
Removal of makeup is one of the most important step for making sure your makeup looks amazing. If you do not remove all that product from your face every evening/ night you probably (read always) will end up messing up your skin. I have personally suffered plenty of times by not taking this simple step. Well, now that I have learnt my lesson I’d like to introduce you to my makeup removing buddy Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm.
Clinique Take The Day Off
Solid cleansing balm
There are two ways I use this for removing my make up:
1. I scoop out a pea size amount of balm and rub onto my palm to warm the product. I then apply it all over my face gently and my makeup starts to melt.
2. I wet a cotton round and swipe it over the product directly into the tub. I then apply the product infused cotton round all over my face to breakdown all the makeup. *This method was introduced to me by the Sephora sales girl and I quite like this method*
After any of these method I wash my face with any gentle cleanser and water.
- Huge tub to last long
- Melts my makeup easily, waterproof makeup as well.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin.
- Didn’t break me out which is a huge plus
- Can be considered unhygienic because of the tub shape. I personally don’t find this as an issue since I don’t have to share it with anyone.
- Expensive. But the tub is huge.
The product retails for Rs. 2750/- for 125ml at Sephora.
If you’d like to see how I use this cleansing balm then check out my YouTube video:
Have you tried this product before? what are your thoughts?
I’m getting the hang of “smokey eyes” lately. Somehow, I have always thought it was very difficult to create but one has to make an effort to learn something. After a lot of attempts I created a blue smokey eye look and made a video of it which I wanted to share with you.
I used Makeup Revolutions palette for this look. Even though I used a shimmery blue shade in this video I somehow feel it looks more like purple-ish or lilac due to my lighting. If you feel the same do comment below. I plan to create another look using a purple shimmery color in the same palette. Somehow this video is a bit blurry which i realized during the editing process, so please excuse me for that. Hope you will love this simple smokey eye look :).
Mac: Untitled Paint
Makeup Revolutions Salvation Pallete : Welcome To The Pleasure Dome
Makeup Revolutions : Long Way From Home
Makeup Revolutions : Using My Power
Makeup Revolutions : Never Doing What I Am Told
Makeup Revolutions : Pleasure Dome
Sephora : Contour Eye Pencil 24 Hr Wear
Inglot : #77 gel liner
Lancome : Hypnose Drama
Estee Lauder : Double Wear Concealor 04 New Medium Deep
Max Factor : 04 Pink Princess
Maybelline 110 Mirrored Mauve
Lancôme Ciy Miracle CC cream
From the time I moved to Delhi from Dubai I have encountered a lot of changes. One was not being able to find my regular daily use tinted moisturizer since that brand is not easily available in Delhi. After a lot of search / research & impulsive decision I bought Lancôme City Miracle CC cream.
It is the 1st CC Cream by Lancôme. The brand claims to have tested the product in some of the world’s polluted cities. City Miracle corrects the appearance of imperfections and beautifies complexion.
I have been using the product for over 2 months and I can say I really like the product. It surely has its pros & cons.
The product claims its Benefits:
Perfects like a foundation. Beautifies like an illuminator. Hydrates like a moisturiser. With SPF 50 to help protect the skin.
What I found out from my experience:
- Did not break me out. A HUGE plus point for me.
- It gives low-medium coverage and blurs the imperfection.
- You need just a little bit of product for your entire face.
- It definitely beautifies like an illuminator. Hence becomes a great product for winters. Say hello the lovely “Glow”
- Hydrates well and you would not feel your skin wanting for more for the whole day. ( I have Oily skin type for Dry skin type the answer might be bit different)
- SPF 50 is one of its best quality without any white cast.
- The product blends into your skin beautifully.
- It smells nice but the fragrance is not too heavy (for those who like their products fragrance free)
- The packaging is chic.
- It does not provide enough coverage. One would need concealor.
- It is pricey for a 30 ml tube.
- You would need to powder during the day as the “Glow” gets a bit too much after few hours.
- It has only 3 shades.
- Over all I do love the product and if anyone is looking for a high-end CC cream I would suggest you to try it.
I bought it for Rs 3200 from Sephora.
Also I made a youtube video reviewing the product in details + application of the product. You can check the video here –
Have you tried this CC cream? Which is your favorite cc cream so far?